These are specific research projects for individual companies. These projects comprise both industry-oriented research, where a specific problem is analyzed, and prototype research, where FMTC uses its general technological knowledge to generate a specific prototype. Contract research projects are only conducted on topics related to FMTC's competence area's:
- Monitoring solutions
- Control design
- Control software engineering
- Fault diagnostics
- Electrical actuation
- Industrial communication
- Mechatronic system engineering
- Physical modeling
FMTC solves sensing and monitoring problems where commercial solutions are currently not-existing or too expensive to be integrated into your machine.Portfolio:
- Customized sensing solutions
- Data-driven methodology to optimize process parameter settings based on Bayesian networks [PDF]
- On-line automotive sensor technology overview [PDF]
- LOGan: Software tool for analysis of log files [PDF]
- Remote service platform for dynamic deployment of services/applications
FMTC assist you in selecting the proper controller structure and tunes the controllers for your application.Portfolio:
- Gain-scheduling control for a pick-and-place machine with position dependent dynamics
- Learning controller for smoother clutch engagement
- Force feedback controller for noise and vibration reduction in a rotating machine
- Learning controller noise and vibration reduction in a rotating machine
Download a demo video from the project: [Windows Media Video] [DivX]
FMTC assist you in setting-up control software development and testing workflows and supporting tools.Portfolio:
- Machine emulator for testing and debugging of machine controllers.
- Eclipse toolchain for the integration of Simulink models in legacy machine control code.
FMTC helps you with a customized implementation of robust algorithms for fault detection, identification and prediction of your machine or process.Portfolio:
- Data-driven methodology for creation of on-board fault detection algorithms
- Data mining methodology for diagnostic modeling (describing relationship between symptoms and faults)
- SPFD-toolbox: Stand alone toolbox for optimal feature extraction including signal processing methods, feature selection and Support Vector Machine with user friendly interface [PDF]
- Methodology for detection of intermittent connection faults in working operational conditions
FMTC assist you in selecting the proper actuation principle for your application.Portfolio:
- Performant piezo-driven system with high resolution
- Concept design of customized electromagnetic actuators
- Electromagnetic actuator for high speed and extreme acceleration (up to 300g)
- Concept design for direct linear drive application
FMTC assist you in selecting and integrating communication technologies in industrial applications:Portfolio:
- Clock synchronisation on standard CAN network.
- Ethercat master implementation.
- Real-time cooperation between machines by means of Bluetooth.
- Autonomous Zigbee temperature sensor, working on vibration energy.
- WiMedia solution for real-time communication.
- Intermittent inductive power transmission for sensors.
FMTC analyses and designs your mechatronic system design flow.Portfolio:
- Systematic documentation of machine requirements and conceptual design by means of SysML.
FMTC analyses and optimizes your machine design by modelling the dynamics of your system.Portfolio:
- Identification of noise source in drive line using vibro-acoustic analysis tool
- Design of an piezo-based active bearing
- Vibration analysis of press using one dimensional model
- Drive train analysis of wire winding machine using lumped parameter model